The Nigeria Union of Journalists ((NUJ), Kwara State Council
Secretariat Report for the Month of February, 2021
We give glory, honour and adoration to God Almighty for making us to witness another Congress in this month of February 2021.
Below are some of the highlights of activities of the State Council in the last one month.
- The Anti-Quackery Committee of the State Council has begun sitting over complaint by some members of the Council on alleged fake news report involving the Media Aide to the Hon. Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly reported by two online media, Newshub Magazine online and Maxilens online. The Council awaits their report.
- The Ethics and Disciplinary Committee has also begun sitting on the petition written by the immediate past Secretary of the Council, Mr. Babatunde Jimba calling for the scrutiny of the Union’s Access Bank Account as at 5th July, 2018. The Council is still awaiting the report of the committee.
- The Council received a letter from Kwara State Chapter of SWAN to nominate a representative in the 2021 SWAN Media Games Committee and Mr. Dare Akogun of Sobi FM Chapel was nominated as her representative in the said committee.
- We also received a notification letter from KWTV Chapel of their forthcoming 2021 press week coming up between 29th and 31st of March. The Council wish the Chapel happy celebration in advance.
- The Council also attended the State Executive Council (SEC) Meeting of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) yesterday (Thursday 25), where the issue of minimum wage was discussed.
- As we wish ourselves prosperous period in this year, we also wish to count on your further support at all time.
- Thankyou and Gold Bless.
Dcn. Omotayo Ayanda