The Nigeria Union of Journalists ((NUJ), Kwara State Council
Secretariat Report for the Month of March, 2021
We give glory, honour and adoration to God Almighty for making us witness another Congress in this month of April 2021.
Below are some of the highlights of activities of the State Council in the last one month.
- The Online registration for the 2021 Kwara NUJ Compendium registration is still ongoing. Therefore, members who are yet to register should please register before the closing date.
- The Council want to inform the Congress in session that immediately after the closure of the online registration, members who failed to register will be automatically removed from Kwara NUJ Whatsapp, e-mails, SMS and all other automated platforms.
- The Anti-Quackery Committee of the State Council has begun sitting over complaint by some members of the Council on alleged fake news report involving the former Media Aide to the Hon. Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly reported by two online media, Newshub Magazine online and Maxilens online. The Council awaits their report.
- The Ethics and Disciplinary Committee has also begun sitting on the petition written by the immediate past Secretary of the Council, Mr. Babatunde Jimba calling for the scrutiny of the Union’s Access Bank Account as at 5th July, 2018. The Council is awaiting the report of the committee.
- The Council also attended the State Executive Council (SEC) Meeting of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) last week, where the issue of minimum wage and Workers’ Day Celebration were discussed. The Council Secretary, Dcn. Omotayo Ayanda was also named as member of the 2021 Workers’ Day Celebration Committee in the state.
- The Council will hold this year World Press Freedom Day Celebration on May 10, 2021. The theme for this year celebration is ‘Information as a Public Good’.
- Likewise, the Council is organising a public lecture to commemorate the 2nd Year of Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq in office on May 28th 2021. The theme of the public lecture is “Two Years of Governor AbdulRahman Abdulrazaq:The Gains, The Pains and Future Expectations”
- The Council on behalf of members received appreciation letter from Alh. Tunde Akanbi for the support both moral and financial given to him during the wedding of their children.
- As we wish ourselveshappy Ramadan fasting, we also wish to count on your further support at all time.
- Thankyou and Gold Bless.
Dcn. Omotayo Ayanda