We thank God Almighty for how far he has helped us.
Below are the highlights of some of the major activities of the Council for the months of March and April, 2019.
Firstly, the State Working Committee (SWC) want to commend our members for upholding the ethics and professional principles while carrying out their constitutional duties during the last general election.
- We also commend the security agencies in the state and the INEC for their cooperation during the said election.
- The council also hosted some foreign and local Journalists during the election.
- The SWC has approved the reconstitution of Ethnics and DisciplinaryCommittee. Members of the committee are: MuritalaAtoyebi, BiodunOyeleye, TundeAjomole, Mustafa Abubakar and BabajideFadeyi.
- We are pleased to inform you that the Kwara State Working Committee (SWC) has approved additional Chapel, NAN Chapel and the Chapel is billed for inauguration before the end of this month.
- The second State Executive Council (SEC) meeting was held on 26th March, 2019 and it was well attended by the Chairmen and Secretaries of Chapels.
- The Council held the 24th Media Parliament on the 25th of March, 2019. Our guest for the edition was a Financial Expert, Alh. Abdulmumini M. SanniJawondo.
- We received petitions and letter of complaints from some of our members. The petitions and complaints are being handed by the Council in accordance with the NUJ Constitution.
- We received the leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) on April 9th, 2019 at the Press Centre, Ilorin. They were here to identify with NUJ and to know some of the challenges faced by our members in the course of performing their duties.
- This administration will continue to count on your support at all time. Thanks